AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, TOODYAY, 19301930
A black and white photo of the Avon River in flood.
This photo is taken from the Newcastle Bridge, looking across showing St. Stephen's Church and the Donegan's Store corner.
A number of trees have their trunks well under water.
The water is up to the fence around the church.
The rector is standing in the open porch.
On back of photo: in black biro: 1930's flood;
Number 139 stamped on back.
Same image as 2001.1243 in the Shire of Toodyay collection.
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AT NEWCASTLE BRIDGE, TOODYAY 1936 (0.01km away)
- NEWCASTLE BRIDGE AND AVON RIVER IN FLOOD 1930 (0.03km away)
- OFFICIAL OPENING OF AVON RIVER BRIDGE, TOODYAY (0.04km away)
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, 9 JULY 1930 (0.05km away)
- ROAD BRIDGE OVER FLOODED AVON, LOOKING TOWARDS NORTH TOODYAY 1915 (0.05km away)
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AND TOODYAY RAILWAY BRIDGE, 1930 (0.05km away)
- BOARDING HOUSE DURING FLOODS OF 1955 (0.06km away)
- TOODYAY BOARDING HOUSE; FLOODED 1955 (0.07km away)
- TOODYAY HOMES FOR THE AGED (BUTTERLY COTTAGES) (0.15km away)
- VIEW OF FLOOD ON STIRLING TERRACE TOODYAY FROM CONNOR'S MILL (0.16km away)
View all geotagged records...
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AND TOODYAY RAILWAY BRIDGE, 1930
- MARTHA DRUMMOND (NEE SEWELLL)
- LENGTH OF LACE EDGING
- CONNOR'S MILL, DERELICT
- MISS DURLACHER
- SHOOTING PARTY BUSHLAND NEAR TOODYAY
- 1912 T MODEL FORD
- FORGING AT EXPERIMENTAL FARM SCHOOL
- EUPHEMIA MACKINTOSH
- HAROLD LUDEMANN ON PONY WITH DOG
- TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION CATTLE YARDS 1964
- BUILDING ADJACENT TO FREEMASON'S HOTEL TOODYAY, DEMOLISHED 1970S