AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AT NEWCASTLE BRIDGE, TOODYAY 1936
Black and white photo of a flooded Newcastle Bridge in Toodyay.
Tree tops are to the right and fence poles and electric power poles to the left.
Telephone lines on the right-hand side of the bridge.
Two people on bicycles and one person on a motorcycle are in the shallow water.
Cloudy sky. Large tree in right foreground. Muddy foreground.
On back of photo: in blue ink 'Flood 1936'; stamped: 96.
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, TOODYAY, 1930 (0.01km away)
- NEWCASTLE BRIDGE AND AVON RIVER IN FLOOD 1930 (0.02km away)
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, 9 JULY 1930 (0.04km away)
- ROAD BRIDGE OVER FLOODED AVON, LOOKING TOWARDS NORTH TOODYAY 1915 (0.04km away)
- OFFICIAL OPENING OF AVON RIVER BRIDGE, TOODYAY (0.05km away)
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AND TOODYAY RAILWAY BRIDGE, 1930 (0.06km away)
- BOARDING HOUSE DURING FLOODS OF 1955 (0.06km away)
- TOODYAY BOARDING HOUSE; FLOODED 1955 (0.07km away)
- VIEW OF FLOOD ON STIRLING TERRACE TOODYAY FROM CONNOR'S MILL (0.15km away)
- TOODYAY HOMES FOR THE AGED (BUTTERLY COTTAGES) (0.15km away)
View all geotagged records...
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- CIGARETTE CARDS SET OF 28 PEOPLE OF THE WORLD
- STANDARD GAUGE RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION, TOODYAY
- 28 RED AND 16 BLUE CIGARETTE CARDS
- STANDARD GAUGE RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION, TOODYAY 1964
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT SPECIAL SCHOOL CERTIFICATE, 1915
- METAL PAPER SPIKE
- BOOK, STORIES OF ANIMAL SAGACITY
- BOOK, THE SERIOUS POEMS OF THOMAS HOOD
- CIGARETTE CARDS SET OF 5 AVIATION
- TOY PISTOL, RED
- HORSE, TOY
- MAGNET, HORSESHOE