AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AND TOODYAY RAILWAY BRIDGE, 19301930
Black and white photo of the Avon River in flood taken from the Toodyay Railway Bridge, which was once situated behind the Showgrounds.
Trees, shrubbery, and the roofs of two buildings can be seen in the distance and part of a wooden railing is seen in the left lower corner of photo.
The rails and pedestrian side platforms on the bridge are central.
On back of photo: Former accession numbers: CH 844; TCH 83:54, number 3767; in pencil: July 11th 1930.
Former acc. no.: TCH 83:54. Acc. by DP (David Pitcher), no date. "July 11th 1930".
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, TOODYAY, 1930 (0.05km away)
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AT NEWCASTLE BRIDGE, TOODYAY 1936 (0.06km away)
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, 9 JULY 1930 (0.07km away)
- OFFICIAL OPENING OF AVON RIVER BRIDGE, TOODYAY (0.07km away)
- NEWCASTLE BRIDGE AND AVON RIVER IN FLOOD 1930 (0.08km away)
- ROAD BRIDGE OVER FLOODED AVON, LOOKING TOWARDS NORTH TOODYAY 1915 (0.1km away)
- TOODYAY FLOOD 1952 OR 1953 (0.1km away)
- BOARDING HOUSE DURING FLOODS OF 1955 (0.11km away)
- TOODYAY BOARDING HOUSE; FLOODED 1955 (0.12km away)
- TOODYAY HOMES FOR THE AGED (BUTTERLY COTTAGES) (0.2km away)
View all geotagged records...
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- MARTHA DRUMMOND (NEE SEWELLL)
- LENGTH OF LACE EDGING
- CONNOR'S MILL, DERELICT
- MISS DURLACHER
- SHOOTING PARTY BUSHLAND NEAR TOODYAY
- 1912 T MODEL FORD
- FORGING AT EXPERIMENTAL FARM SCHOOL
- EUPHEMIA MACKINTOSH
- HAROLD LUDEMANN ON PONY WITH DOG
- TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION CATTLE YARDS 1964
- BUILDING ADJACENT TO FREEMASON'S HOTEL TOODYAY, DEMOLISHED 1970S
- NEWCASTLE BRIDGE OVER AVON RIVER