A circular reservoir for holding kerosene with a meshed cylinder above which houses the mantle, suspended from a metal wire. There is a knob on the side for adjusting the amount of light produced. The base has an indentation which fits onto the pedestal base. The mantle is damaged.
This lamp was original purchased and used by Janet Hearne's grandparents, Mr and Mrs Anderson who lived on Albany Highway in Kelmscott. The lamp was passed onto their daughter Olga around the time she married Bruce Beales and moved to an orchard at 245 Peet Road in Roleystone. The lamp was taken with them when they moved to a new orchard on Railway Avenue on Kelmscott in 1956. The lamp was passed onto their daughter Janet who kept it in her home until 2019 when she and her husband downsized and moved to Busselton.
Electricity did not come to Roleystone until the mid 1920s and was not extended up through Roleystone until the 1940s.