Skip to main content

Please be advised: this website contains the names, images and voices of people who are now deceased.

Collections WA has a responsibility to preserve and make accessible the history and culture of Western Australia in all its various forms. The intention of Collections WA is to support research, and to reveal actions of the past that have impacted upon communities, families, and individuals.

In doing so, Collections WA acknowledges the need to respond sensitively and appropriately in cases when accessing this material may be confronting to Aboriginal visitors and clients.

Please also note: Some historical materials within this portal may include language or opinions that today are considered inappropriate or even offensive. Collections WA does not endorse this language and apologises for any distress caused.

Continue showing cultural advice
Stop showing cultural advice



Black and white photo of teacher and twenty three pupils, 11 girls and 12 boys.
Girls have white pinafores over their dresses.
10 girls are wearing stockings and shoes. One girl is not wearing shoes or stockings.
Three boys in front row are barefooted. Four boys in front row are wearing long dark socks and shoes.
Teacher at back has long dark skirt and long sleeved white blouse.
Door to class behind teacher. Corrugated lean to with doorway behind boys. Brick chimney, corrugated iron roof. Bush wood fence at rear on left side.

Historical information

Bejoording School was established in the 1860s on the property of early settler, William Syred, in Tenth Road, Bejoording. Ticket of Leave men were employed as teachers.



Registration number
Item type
15.5000 cm
Height or length
20 cm
Contextual Information

Same image as another photograph in the Shire of Toodyay historical photo collection accessioned as 2001.1209.

Primary significance criteria
Historic significance
Shire of Toodyay

Shire of Toodyay

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback