Skip to main content

Please be advised: this website contains the names, images and voices of people who are now deceased.

Collections WA has a responsibility to preserve and make accessible the history and culture of Western Australia in all its various forms. The intention of Collections WA is to support research, and to reveal actions of the past that have impacted upon communities, families, and individuals.

In doing so, Collections WA acknowledges the need to respond sensitively and appropriately in cases when accessing this material may be confronting to Aboriginal visitors and clients.

Please also note: Some historical materials within this portal may include language or opinions that today are considered inappropriate or even offensive. Collections WA does not endorse this language and apologises for any distress caused.

Continue showing cultural advice
Stop showing cultural advice

CONNOR'S MILL, RE-OPENING AFTER RESTORATION

1976
Subcollections
Overview

A faded coloured photo of the opening of Connor's Mill after restoration.
Many folks sitting and standing are outside the front entrance while the Shire President Mr Ian Murray is making an appropriate speech.

Historical information

In 1975 the old power station was renovated as a tourist bureau and museum, and renamed Connor's Mill.
Stairs were installed to the first floor and the roof was replaced.

Details

Details

Registration number
cwa-org-37-2001.1086
Item type
Inscriptions and markings

Written on back Photograph R. Paynter. Ian Murray Shire President, April 3 1976.

Year
1976
Statement of significance

Share original data sheet with 1085

Google Maps search term / URL
https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1646366105986!6m8!1m7!1sv7dJr_AztSQMTifnPrIL-w!2m2!1d-31.55023628705307!2d116.4651234676069!3f156.80557536643008!4f4.295525598599681!5f2.09564853308158
Shire of Toodyay

Shire of Toodyay

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback