MCKITTRICKS STORE STIRLING TERRACE1969 - 1984
Colour photo of McKittricks Store (former Oddfellows' Hall) Stirling Terrace, Toodyay taken looking east.
Tower for Fire Brigade on skyline.
Large tree in centre of image; vehicle in front of building.
McKittrick's Toodyay General Store, 1969-1984
On 1 December 1969 Maureen and Fred McKittrick took over the Toodyay General Store in the Jager building, running a supermarket, newsagency and Golden Fleece fuel agency from the site. Throughout the 1970s the business expanded, and in 1973 was advertised as a Safeway store. In June 1977 the original section of the building was granted a National Trust classification and in 1979 a new self-service grocery section was added. In 2022 the Christmas 360 shop was trading at these premises.
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- TOODYAY POST OFFICE (0.01km away)
- JAGER'S STORE STIRLING TERRACE TOODYAY (0.01km away)
- NEWCASTLE BALL, 1983, AT TOODYAY MEMORIAL HALL (0.02km away)
- NEWCASTLE BALL AT TOODYAY MEMORIAL HALL (0.02km away)
- NEWCASTLE BALL IN THE TOODYAY MEMORIAL HALL (0.02km away)
- DRESS REHEARSAL MOONDYNE FESTIVAL (0.02km away)
- NEWCASTLE BALL 1983 IN THE TOODYAY MEMORIAL HALL (0.02km away)
- TOODYAY SOCIETY BALL AT MEMORIAL HALL 1983 (0.02km away)
- BACK VIEW OF JAGER`S STORE (0.03km away)
- TOODYAY POST OFFICE & TOWN HALL (0.03km away)
View all geotagged records...
Shire of Toodyay
Shire of Toodyay
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- MEMORIAL HALL TOODYAY
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD TOODYAY 1930
- MRS EUPHEMIA MACKINTOSH (NEE DRUMMOND) AND DAUGHTER MADGE
- NEWGAIN GRANARY AND SHEDS
- INTERIOR OF KITCHEN IN NEWCASTLE GAOL MUSEUM
- MISS KATH MACKINTOSH ON HORSE
- SCHOOL BUILDING, CATHOLIC CONVENT OF MERCY COMPLEX TOODYAY
- LEE-STEERE'S HOUSE (ANGLICAN RECTORY), TOODYAY
- ENGINE IN CONNOR'S MILL
- BRODERIE ANGAISE SLEEVES, PAIR
- NEWGAIN GRANARY BARN
- HARPERS COTTAGE
Scan this QR code to open this page on your phone ->