INSTALLING MILLING MACHINERY IN CONNOR'S MILL 1994; BRAN SIEVE1994
Milling machinery; bran sieve used for filtering the bran from the grain being hoisted up on chain into Connor's Mill.
Photograph taken from first floor looking down to ground floor as sieve is hoisted through the doors and up to first floor.
Head shot of Peter Chiffings in the background.
A late Victorian-era working flour mill display opened in Connor’s Mill with milling equipment donated by Weston Milling after their Northam mill had been modernised
The machines were moved, restored and installed by volunteer labour.
A pulley system connected to an electric motor on the ground floor and the historic milling machinery on the first floor allowed them to be displayed while operating.
yellow sticker on back states date: 1994 & Peter Chiffings.
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- CONNOR'S MILL, RE-OPENING AFTER RESTORATION (0km away)
- HONEY PROCESSING DISPLAY, CONNOR"S MILL (0km away)
- SAM COOK AND HONEY DISPLAY, CONNOR'S MILL 1980S (0km away)
- APIARY DISPLAY, CONNOR'S MILL, INCLUDING A COLLECTION OF HIVES (0km away)
- APIARY DISPLAY IN CONNOR'S MILL (0km away)
- POWER STATION SWITCHBOARD; TOODYAY (0km away)
- OPENING OF REFURBISHED CONNOR'S MILL AND TOODYAY TOURIST CENTRE (0km away)
- CONNOR'S MILL, RE-OPENING AFTER RESTORATION (0.01km away)
- CONNORS MILL AND ST. STEPHENS (0.01km away)
- TROPHY PRESENTATION FOR FIRST YORK TO TOODYAY RELAY 1980 (0.01km away)
View all geotagged records...
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- DRUMMOND'S MILL KEYSTONE
- PUBLIC HALL NEWCASTLE (WA) ARCHITECTURAL PLANS
- BADGE, THE ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL FIRE BRIGADE OFFICERS
- TOODYAY PIONEERS 1933
- RAILWAY SPIKES FROM RINGA BRIDGE
- POSTCARD PHOTO OF TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION c1912
- WA GOVT. RAILWAYS BOOKLET, NEW LIFELINE, 1966
- STORAGE BOX NEWCASTLE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
- CONNORS MILL C1860 DRAWING 1974