Skip to main content

Please be advised: this website contains the names, images and voices of people who are now deceased.

Collections WA has a responsibility to preserve and make accessible the history and culture of Western Australia in all its various forms. The intention of Collections WA is to support research, and to reveal actions of the past that have impacted upon communities, families, and individuals.

In doing so, Collections WA acknowledges the need to respond sensitively and appropriately in cases when accessing this material may be confronting to Aboriginal visitors and clients.

Please also note: Some historical materials within this portal may include language or opinions that today are considered inappropriate or even offensive. Collections WA does not endorse this language and apologises for any distress caused.

Continue showing cultural advice
Stop showing cultural advice

CONNOR'S MILL, RE-OPENING AFTER RESTORATION

1976
Subcollections
Overview

Colour photo of Connor's Mill after restoration.
Minister for Tourism, Hon. A. Ridge MLA, at microphone performing opening ceremony watched by the residents of Toodyay

Historical information

In 1975 the old power station was renovated as a tourist bureau and museum, and renamed Connor's Mill. Stairs were installed to the first floor and the roof was replaced.

Details

Details

Registration number
cwa-org-37-2001.1085
Item type
Width
12.5000 cm
Height or length
12.5000 cm
Inscriptions and markings

Written on back Photograph R. Paynter Min for tourism Hon A Ridge MLA April 3 1976 (This date differs from that which appears as the item date)

Year
1976
Shire of Toodyay

Shire of Toodyay

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback