MISS J M BRADLEY AND TWO COMPANIONSc. 1930
A black and white photo of a Miss J M Bradley and two companions, all connected to Wattening School at the time.
They are standing in a lightly treed area with mainly everlastings around them.
They are each holding a bunch of these flowers.
Written on the reverse of photo: in pencil : "Miss Bradley"; number 775.
After the Bolgart Estate was established in 1906 and with the railway through from Toodyay in 1909, a new community was established in the Wattening area.
The main families in the area were the Camerers and the Ludemans. The Wattening settlers soon required mail and educational services. In 1912 the timber Temperance Hall was constructed and was used as a school, church and community meeting place. Town picnics were a popular event. The materials from this demolished hall were used to build the Bolgart Hall.
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- NEWCASTLE BRIDGE AND AVON RIVER IN FLOOD 1930
- ST STEPHEN'S ANGLICAN CHURCH TOODYAY
- TOODYAY RAILWAY BRIDGE FLOOD 1930
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD, TOODYAY, 1930
- AVON RIVER IN FLOOD AND TOODYAY RAILWAY BRIDGE, 1930
- MARTHA DRUMMOND (NEE SEWELLL)
- LENGTH OF LACE EDGING
- CONNOR'S MILL, DERELICT
- MISS DURLACHER
- SHOOTING PARTY BUSHLAND NEAR TOODYAY
- 1912 T MODEL FORD
- FORGING AT EXPERIMENTAL FARM SCHOOL