On the 27th of February 1880, 11 acres of land on the Capel River was acquired, on which a brick building consisting of six rooms was erected. Initially, the location was a half way point for the mail coach between Bunbury and Busselton. To cater for the coach passengers, a liquor licence was obtained and the building later became known as the Capel Inn.
Capel Inn was established in 1880 by Charles Properjohn. The hotel has since continued to be a focal point for the locals and visitor alike.
Other items from Shire of Capel
- Capel Football Team 1912
- Charles House and Gertrude Mary House
- Boyanup Football Club 1948 team photo
- First World War soldiers wearing gas masks
- Seventh Day Adventist Church Capel
- William Charles Maidment and guests on his 70th Birthday
- Joe Upson and friends in front of Upson's Store, Capel
- George & Harriet Dunkley with family
- Capel Saleyards, Forrest Road Capel
- Capel Football Club team photo 1947
- Capel River Tennis Club
- Old Boyanup School