Skip to main content

Please be advised: this website contains the names, images and voices of people who are now deceased.

Collections WA has a responsibility to preserve and make accessible the history and culture of Western Australia in all its various forms. The intention of Collections WA is to support research, and to reveal actions of the past that have impacted upon communities, families, and individuals.

In doing so, Collections WA acknowledges the need to respond sensitively and appropriately in cases when accessing this material may be confronting to Aboriginal visitors and clients.

Please also note: Some historical materials within this portal may include language or opinions that today are considered inappropriate or even offensive. Collections WA does not endorse this language and apologises for any distress caused.

Continue showing cultural advice
Stop showing cultural advice

Len Woods Sulky

c. 1920
Overview

A sulky is a light two-wheeled vehicle, so-called because it had space for only one passenger, the driver, who necessarily sat alone.

Historical information

This sulky was owned and used in the 1920s by Jack Blythe who was the area foreman of Group 48. Group 48 was the area of Blythe Park which became part of Ambergate.

Details

Details

Registration number
cwa-org-124-2021:92
Item type
Material
Contextual Information

The ownership of the sulky was passed from Jack Blythe into the Woods family, who were also Group Settlers at Blythe Park, whose descendants donated the sulky to the museum.

Year
c. 1920
Primary significance criteria
Historic significance
Social or spiritual significance
Comparative significance criteria
Object’s condition or completeness
Related Objects

Related Objects

Parent records
Busselton Historical Society

Busselton Historical Society

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback

Len Woods Sulky
Len Woods sulky