CAMERA 0 SIX-20 BROWNIE C
Rectangle black leatherette covered camera. At the front in the middle is a round lens with two view windows above the lens and product information under the lens.
On the top, front right side is a rectangle glass viewfinder. Across the from front left to back right is a plastic soft handle held in place by metal studs with moulded text on it. At the back is a metal clasp that holds the back on. The back has a metal hinge along the base and folds down. On left side on top right is a rectangle glass viewer. Bottom right is a round metal shutter button. Along the bottom in the middle is a round metal knob that turns anti-clockwise
This Six-20 Brownie C camera was used by Olga Beales (nee Anderson) when she lived with her family at their Roleystone orchard at 245 Peet Road in the late 1940s and at their second orchard property on the corner of Railway Ave and Champion Drive in Kelmscott 1956-c1980s.
Olga took photos of the local area, the family orchard as well as her family and other locals. In the late 1940s or early 1950s she replaced her old camera with this new Six-20 Brownie C camera and continued to photograph her surrounds. The cameras are associated with a collection of family albums that house the photographs taken with this and the later camera.
Front [SIX-20 'BROWNIE' C / MADE BY KODAK] handle [MADE BY KODAK LTD / LONDON]
The camera was used by Olga Beales (nee Anderson) on the family orchard at 245 Peet Road in Roleystone in the late 1940s to 1956 when the family moved to a new orchard on the corner of Railway Ave and Champion Drive. Olga took photographs of the family, the orchards and around Roleystone and Armadale, which were then kept in a family photograph album.