Skip to main content

Please be advised: this website contains the names, images and voices of people who are now deceased.

Collections WA has a responsibility to preserve and make accessible the history and culture of Western Australia in all its various forms. The intention of Collections WA is to support research, and to reveal actions of the past that have impacted upon communities, families, and individuals.

In doing so, Collections WA acknowledges the need to respond sensitively and appropriately in cases when accessing this material may be confronting to Aboriginal visitors and clients.

Please also note: Some historical materials within this portal may include language or opinions that today are considered inappropriate or even offensive. Collections WA does not endorse this language and apologises for any distress caused.

Continue showing cultural advice
Stop showing cultural advice

JUMPERDING MINESHAFT ENTRANCE

Subcollections
Overview

Black and white photo of Lewis Chitty kneeling at entrance to a mine. He is wearing a hat and glasses.
Bush wood post on right of photo

Historical information

Lewis Chitty owned the land at the time of the gold rush at Jumperding (Jimperding) during the early 1930s.

Details

Details

Registration number
cwa-org-37-2001.1097
Item type
Width
13 cm
Height or length
8 cm
Contextual Information

The Jumperding catchment was surveyed and named "Jimperding" but is better known to the old-timers as the Jumperding area.
This photograph is reproduced in 'Toodyay - The Good Old Days' by Wally Chitty on p. 75.

Primary significance criteria
Historic significance
Shire of Toodyay

Shire of Toodyay

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback