Skip to main content

Please be advised: this website contains the names, images and voices of people who are now deceased.

Collections WA has a responsibility to preserve and make accessible the history and culture of Western Australia in all its various forms. The intention of Collections WA is to support research, and to reveal actions of the past that have impacted upon communities, families, and individuals.

In doing so, Collections WA acknowledges the need to respond sensitively and appropriately in cases when accessing this material may be confronting to Aboriginal visitors and clients.

Please also note: Some historical materials within this portal may include language or opinions that today are considered inappropriate or even offensive. Collections WA does not endorse this language and apologises for any distress caused.

Continue showing cultural advice
Stop showing cultural advice

POSTCARD PHOTO OF TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION c1912

1912
Subcollections
Overview

Monochrome postcard of Toodyay Railway Station with 2 young girls standing on the roadway outside.
White fences surround the station and a telegraph pole is in the foreground.
At the rear of the photo is the Toodyay Hospital.
Railway wagons can be seen as well as the Goods Shed on the opposite side of the line to the Station.
Postcard produced by Kodak Australia.

Historical information

This photograph is amongst a group of items relating to Olive Pretoria Lloyd and was offered to the museum collection in October 2020 by Glenys Harrison of Bunbury.
The identity of the two girls in the foreground is unknown, but seeing this photograph has connections with Olive Sinclair nee Lloyd, it’s not unreasonable to suggest that possibly one of the girls is Olive herself taken in the early 1910s.

Details

Details

Registration number
cwa-org-37-2020.401
Item type
Width
14 cm
Height or length
9 cm
Contextual Information

Olive Lloyd (1900-1994) of North Toodyay married Egbert Douglas Sinclair in 1918 at St Stephen’s Church, Toodyay.
The photograph shows the early Toodyay Railway station at its location where the medical centre is today. The railway station is named Toodyay, so this would make the date of the image post 1910. The station was closed in 1966 following the installation of the standard gauge railway line.

Year
1912
Primary significance criteria
Historic significance
Shire of Toodyay

Shire of Toodyay

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback