BAY VIEW TERRACE FROM GUGERI STREET CLAREMONTc. 1915
B/W print made of post card showing Post Office, altered with new roof, Fink's Hotel and shops down Bay View Terrace (no tram lines, service opened in 1924). View from Gugeri St (railway station). Looking south down Bay View Terrace from the railway station, the shingle roofed Post Office on the North East corner followed by a row of shops. On the side of the first shop is the advertisement [ STOP ! / 5 / DOORS DOWN / FERRIS & / FORBES./ LATE BULLOCH BROS /the rest partly obscured) ES AND LAND / DISTRICT / TD 1901 PHONE 359] and on the end of the verandah roof [DINING AND / REFRESHMENT / ROOMS]. The hotel is opposite on the North Western corner with the name across the corner of the verandah [FINK'S HOTEL] and a notice[ PICTURES / PARISH HALL ]. Large poles carrying electricity wires down Bay View Terrace and across to the hotel. Across the bottom of the post card is [Bay View Terrace, Claremont.]
Date originally recorded as 1915, altered to 1922. But Fink only held license for Claremont Hotel between 1910-15.