TOODYAY INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS 'WOOD EXTRACT' BAGSc. 1962 - 1960
Most of the photo is dominated by hundreds of bags of wood extract stored at Industrial Extracts Factory for exporting overseas.
The extract would be used in tanning of leather goods.
In 1952 Industrial Extracts Ltd. established a factory at Toodyay.
The company extracted tannin from wandoo (Eucalyptus wandoo) to be used for leather tanning, oil drilling and boiler compounds.
In 1971 the factory closed and many of the 70 workers, along with their families, left Toodyay.
Industrial Extract Limited, Myrtan Wood Extract
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS FACTORY, AERIAL VIEW (0km away)
- HOUSE; 'THE SHIP' IN TOODYAY CONVENT PRECINCT (3.03km away)
- ST JOHN THE BAPTIST ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (3.04km away)
- THE BRODERICK FAMILY AT THE TOODYAY RACES (3.35km away)
- RACECOURSE; RECONSTRUCTION (3.36km away)
- TOODYAY SCENE EAST, STIRLING TERRACE (3.39km away)
- TOODYAY WHEELBARROW RACE & TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION 1935 (3.53km away)
- NEWCASTLE RAILWAY STATION 1897 (3.56km away)
- POSTCARD PHOTO OF TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION c1912 (3.59km away)
- BIKE RACE FINISH AT TOODYAY RAILWAY STATION (3.59km away)
View all geotagged records...