INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS FACTORY, AERIAL VIEW1952 - 1971
Black and white photograph.
Industrial extracts factory shown as series of saw toothed roofs with highlight windows.
Two tall chimneys, conveyor belt structure on top side of building.
Two large piles of sawn logs on the left hand side of building and a pile of fuel drums on the far left hand side.
Small office type building in front of the log pile and two overhead fuel tanks on right hand side of office.
In 1952 Industrial Extracts Ltd. established a factory at Toodyay.
The company extracted tannin from wandoo (Eucalyptus wandoo) to be used for leather tanning, oil drilling and boiler compounds.
In 1971 the factory closed and many of the 70 workers, along with their families, left Toodyay.
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- TOODYAY INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS 'WOOD EXTRACT' BAGS (0km away)
- AUTOCLAVE, INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS FACTORY, TOODYAY (0.01km away)
- INTERIOR OF SHED, INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS (0.01km away)
- INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS LTD SEMI TRAILER NO. 2 (0.01km away)
- INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS LTD SEMI TRAILER NO. 2 WITH EXPORT FLAG (0.01km away)
- AUTOCLAVE, INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS FACTORY (0.01km away)
- INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS LTD SEMI TRAILER NO 2 WITH LOGS (0.01km away)
- HOUSE; 'THE SHIP' IN TOODYAY CONVENT PRECINCT (3.03km away)
- ST JOHN THE BAPTIST ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (3.04km away)
- RAIL SIDING INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS (3.21km away)
View all geotagged records...
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- TOODYAY BOARDING HOUSE; FLOODED 1955
- OPENING OF THE NEW TOODYAY ROAD BOARD OFFICES IN THE RESTORED COURTHOUSE, 1959
- UNION STEAM FLOUR MILL WITH OLD GAOL BEHIND, TOODYAY
- HANDMADE SILK SCARF
- BEADED DRESS PANEL
- BLACK BEADED EDGING
- JOINED EDGING LACE
- MILING RAILWAY LINE NEAR GABALONG SIDING
- BLACK VEST
- CHILD'S CAPE
- BLACK CROSSOVER JACKET
- HANDMADE BRODERIE ANGLAISE CHILD'S DRESS