BACK TO TOODYAY VHS1979
VHS tape (and cover) shows Toodyay's celebrations of WA's 150th in 1979.
The four minute video itself shows several scenes from Western Australias 150thanniversary celebrations in 1979, including a Pioneer display, early farm machinery and Toodyay families in colonial costume.
The Ferguson family in particular is named.
Locations around Toodyay that appear in the film include Stirling Terrace, Victoria Hotel, Newcastle Police Stables, Newcastle Gaol and Connors Mill (when it was used as a Visitors Centre).
The video is stored on a VHS tape but was converted onto CD/DVD through the assistance of the Toodyay Historical Society.
The video was originally shot on what appears to be an 8mm tripod-mounted or hand-held camera and the VHS version includes sound, however the resolution of the film is low quality, making specific observations of items or locations appearing onscreen difficult.
The value of the item considered for accession lies in its research value as a dated film of Toodyay in 1979 and as a documentary of a social event celebrating the states heritage. This item is of local significance but is nonetheless a unique glimpse into the past.
Other items from Shire of Toodyay
- LUKIN'S TOODYAY ROLLER FLOUR MILL & POWER STATION, TOODYAY 1920
- WEST TOODYAY ARCHAEOLOGICAL COLLECTION - BONE
- WEST TOODYAY ARCHAEOLOGICAL COLLECTION - BUCKLE
- WEST TOODYAY ARCHAEOLOGICAL COLLECTION - BOTTLE FRAGMENT
- WEST TOODYAY ARCHAEOLOGICAL COLLECTION - WHITEWASH FRAGMENTS
- AUDIO TAPE - INTERVIEWS WITH DR. PATERSON
- AUDIO TAPE - INTERVIEW WITH BARRY LEE & MAX CHITTY
- BAIRNSFATHER DISH
- DUKE STREET SCHOOL STUDENTS, EARLY 20TH CENTURY
- 2/4 MG FOOTBALL TEAM
- VESTA PUZZLE BOX
- CADASTRAL MAP: GOOMALLING, BOLGART, TOODYAY