INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTS LTD SEMI TRAILER NO. 2 WITH EXPORT FLAGc. 1964
One of the fleet of trucks operated by Industrial Extracts at Toodyay during the 1960s. It is flying an Export award flag.
In 1964 Industrial Extracts Ltd was the only Western Australian recipient of an Export Marketing Award from the Department of Trade.
The award was donated by the Federated Chambers of Commerce and awarded to companies that had maintained and improved their exports in the previous year.
Industrial Extracts was a subsidiary company of Plaimar, and was formed in about 1935.
The major factory was at Boddingon, Western Australia. Two mills there worked 24 hours a day during WW2 to meet the national demand for tanning extract.
A third tanning mill was built in Toodyay and opened in May 1952. In 1971 the Toodyay factory closed when it became uneconomic.