ARMY N.C.O. SCHOOL CLAREMONT DRILL HALL1917
Mounted photo of group of Non Commissioned Officers and their instructors outside Claremont Drill Hall.
Between Stirling Highway and St Quentin Avenue. Originally roller skating rink. Became a drill hall during WWI. And was listed in postal directories as 'Forty-fourth Battalion Drill Hall and Area Office'.( Australian Army Canteens Service also shown at same address.) After WWII, taken over by Air Force until early 1990s. Vampire aircraft mounted on plinth on highway frontage became a landmark and gave rise to the name Avion Way when the site was redeveloped.
Other items from Claremont Museum
- UNITED BUS, SINGLE DECKER
- UNITED BUS DRIVER & CONDUCTRESS
- PRINTS X 4 - GRAYLANDS PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
- SQUARE MAN ON BICYCLE FRAME
- ELECTION CAMPAIGN - D TANGNEY
- CLAREMONT POST OFFICE
- CLAREMONT HOTEL
- SWANBOURNE HOTEL
- CLAREMONT WAR MEMORIAL
- AERIAL VIEW OF CLAREMONT/NEDLANDS 1929
- CLAREMONT STATION HOUSE
- APEX MEAT STORE BAY VIEW TERRACE CLAREMONT