OPENING OF REFURBISHED CONNOR'S MILL AND TOODYAY TOURIST CENTRE1976
A small coloured photo of the opening of the refurbished Connor's Mill and the Toodyay Tourist Centre. Colours are fading.
At the front of Connor's Mill are many folks sitting in rows of chairs looking towards a speaker near the front door and another man standing nearby.
Other people standing are to the left and behind the sitting group.
John Pearce (left) is at the microphone, in front of the mill door.
Unidentified man on the right.
Written on back in red biro: :Photographer R.Paynter..
In 1973 the Toodyay Tourist Centre Inc. is formed, and plans are made to locate the office inside the old power station
In 1975 the power station is renovated, renamed Connor’s Mill and opens as a tourist bureau and museum
The Brotherhood steam engine, obtained from the former Toodyay Industrial Extracts factory, is relocated to the ground floor
Open in Google Maps
Nearest geotagged records:
- POWER STATION SWITCHBOARD; TOODYAY (0km away)
- CONNOR'S MILL, RE-OPENING AFTER RESTORATION (0km away)
- CONNORS MILL AS VISITORS CENTRE (0km away)
- INSTALLING MILLING MACHINERY IN CONNOR'S MILL 1994; BRAN SIEVE (0km away)
- INSTALLATION OF STEAM ENGINE DISPLAY IN CONNOR'S MILL (0km away)
- CONNOR'S MILL, RE-OPENING AFTER RESTORATION (0.01km away)
- TROPHY PRESENTATION FOR FIRST YORK TO TOODYAY RELAY 1980 (0.01km away)
- CONNORS MILL AND ST. STEPHENS (0.01km away)
- CHIFFINGS, PETER JOHN (0.01km away)
- OPENING OF REFURBISHED CONNOR'S MILL AND TOODYAY TOURIST CENTRE (0.01km away)
View all geotagged records...