Capel Pottery Pot
Edward Lang, William Lang, George Dilley and others formed a company to run the pottery works. It made earthenware jars, long necked water bottles, water jugs chimney pots (on Post Office & W. Roberts house) and pot plants. Mr T. J. Stoddart was the first of at least three potters. Mrs Layman painted floral designs on some platters and jars. In the early 1900s McTaggart sold some of the brickyard land to the Lang brothers, including the kiln. The Lang brothers, encouraged by passing trade, branched into the souvenir business. Frenker lived in the pottery building early in the century. He had difficulty finding potters to work at making the desired shapes and glazing properly. He closed the pottery works in 1907/1908. At the end chimney pots and drainage pipes were being made.
Manufactured by Capel Pottery Works W.A.