c. 1959

Faded black and white photo of the rear of the Toodyay Shire Office, to the left of which the tennis courts and club building can be seen.
House rooftops and large trees on Mt. Anderson can also be seen.
Many cars are parked to the left of the Shire building.

Historical information

Believed to be the occasion of the opening of the new Toodyay Road Board offices in the restored courthouse building on 19th March 1959.
At this event the Hon. Lindsay Thorn, M.L.A., Member for Toodyay, opened the restored Court House in Fiennes Street, to be used as the Road Board Chambers.
The Toodyay Tennis Club over the road provided afternoon tea for the occasion.
Prior to relocating to the restored courthouse, between 1927 and 1958, the Road Board had met at at the former Toodyay Mechanics building (now the Toodyay Library).



Registration number
Item type
8 cm
Height or length
10.5000 cm
Inscriptions and markings

On back of photo in black ink '3 537'

c. 1959
Primary significance criteria
Historic significance
Shire of Toodyay

Shire of Toodyay

Organisation Details
View Collection
Item Feedback

Scan this QR code to open this page on your phone ->