Murdong Pools School
1993A black and brown pencil sketch of two wooden buildings separated by a tennis court and a fence enclosing the area.
Details
Details
Below the drawing handwritten in black lettering is "'Murdong Pools School'" and below this is "Opened January 31st 1917. Changed name to 'Woodlyn School' June 1919. Closed Augusts 22nd 1924.Re-opened February 2nd 1925. Closed February 27th 1933. Sketched by Sharon Cheetham nee Bell 1993."
On the back of the drawing typed on a white piece of paper is "In 1993, a group of ex students of the WOODLYN SCHOOL [no longer existing] held a 'back to' on the original site. A plaque was erected designating the spot where the School, Teachers quarters and Tennis courts stood, around the early 1920's/ The pencil sketch was drawn by SHARON CHEETHAM and was Donated to the Katanning Historical Society by ELLA PUMPHRY Nee- HOTKER. Ella attended the school and rode her horse Neddy Eleven kilometres each way to attend class."
This sketch is the only record of school buildings.
Copyright and Reference
Copyright and Reference
Courtesy of Ella Pumphrey and the Katanning Historical Society.
Katanning Historical Society
Katanning Historical Society
Other items from Katanning Historical Society
- Katanning Junior High School
- Southern Districts Advocate Bookmark
- Katanning Hospital
- Justice of the Peace Certicate
- Independent Order of Oddfellows of Western Australia
- Katanning Electric Supply
- Mechanics Institute Land and Building
- Pennant flag in commemoration of Royal Visit
- Pennant flag in commemoration of Royal Visit
- Roll of Honour Katanning
- Royal Australian Air Force Beret

Scan this QR code to open this page on your phone ->
