Interior of church [Wembley, 1954].
19541 photographic print, 330mm x 280mm.
Photograph matches description of interior of Our Lady of Victories Catholic Church, 362 Cambridge St, Wembley. Designed by Reg Summerhayes; opened in 1954. The parish website notes, 'The foundation stone for Our Lady of Victories Church was laid on the 15th August 1953. The design of the church was considered to be very modern at the time. The church was blessed and opened by Archbishop Prendiville on the 15th August 1954. Being the first building in W.A. in which pre-pressed concrete arches were utilized, this detail won very favourable comment.' The Town of Cambridge identified the building as having heritage signficance in 2003; it is still standing as of 2023.
Details
Details
Other items by Summerhayes Family.
- Residence, 5 Bay View Terrace, Mosman Park, [1934].
- Proposed shops and offices at Wagin,for C.A. Piesse Esq., MLC.
- Hotel Subiaco.
- Additions to Mrs Summerhayes House, 1946.
- Proposed residence for A.H. Dickson, Esq., Claremont.
- University of Western Australia. Preliminary study of main facade.
- C.M.L. Flats, 1938.
- Residence, Bay View Terrace, Mosman's Bay, [1934].
- King George V Memorial, Brisbane, 1938.
- Sketch plans of proposed residence for T.J.B. Wearne.
- Homestead, Donnybrook, for C.A. Lawrence, Esq.
- Colonial Mutual Life Building, St George's Tce, Perth.
Other items from Curtin University Library
- Subiaco Hotel, corner of Rokeby Road and Hay Street, Subiaco
- Cottesloe Golf Club, Swanbourne, 1928.
- Lake Karrinyup Country Club, [1929].
- Entrance detail, 5 Bay View Terrace, Mosman Park, [1934].
- Residence, 14 Bindaring Place, Claremont, [1935].
- Cooke Farm, Tammin, Job 675.
- Last photograph of John and Elsie Curtin
- John Curtin's silver cigarette box
- Elsie Curtin with gun-carriage bearing John Curtin's coffin outside Curtin home in Cottesloe.
- Panorama of John Curtin's funeral, Karrakatta 8 July 1945.
- Cablegram from Winston Churchill to Elsie Curtin
- Letter from Robert Menzies to John Curtin, 28 June 1945.
